Monday 25 July 2011

Realtors and their MLS bloopers – “ducs for hazzards”

DH Splash left p2 over Realtors and their MLS bloopers ducs for hazzardsI love television, but I am beginning to believe it is the downfall of mankind. It seems people spend more time scanning the tube than studying. As a result, our psyches are imbued with TV trivia, while our spelling skills are atrocious.  

I get contributions from all over, folks, so this is not just an L.A. “thang.” Check out this week’s spelling anarchy:

“Seller pays ducs for hazzards” (Bo, Luke, Daisy, it’s cha-ching time.)

“New - Pam Dessert” (If you’re referring to Pam Anderson for dessert, get ready for a stampede.)

“One miley from intersection” (May I assume this listing is in the state of Hannah Montana?)

“Extra car parts” (David Hasselhoff’s driveway after an all-nighter.)

“A win-won for all” (Thank you, Long Duck Wong.)

“Furniture and rags negotiable” (…Just in case you plan to open a car wash.)

“Mosaic floor in foyer boasts inlaid brass and ox” (Mosaic floor in PETA  foyer boasts inlaid agent…)

“Needs TOC” (Offered by Hickory Dickory of  Mouse Ran Up The Clock Realty.)

“Tenant occu pies” (Hmmm…tenant’s eyes in a pie…wouldn’t a damage deposit be more humane?)

“Two banglos on a lot” (Attention, Susanna Hoffs, I found the rest of your band from the eighties!)

“Very nice plac” (Are you quoting your dentist?)

“Hipo and trendy neighborhood” (Isn’t this rhino discrimination?)

“Bar and s tools incuded” (Methinks the biggest tool has already hit the bar.)

(Contributed by our own Lani Rosales via Lily Aleksander.)
“This is one the most desirable one bedroom in the 360 towers. Fantastic views of the cty and  amd Lady Bird lake..Granite counter top stainless still appliences. hard wood floors in the kitthcen and carpet in living room and bedroom. ..a build in was is just babulows, totallty privacy and yeat letting lots natural light in..”

Hellooo??? So how did those shock treatments work out for you, dear?



This article published on Friday, July 15th, 2011 at 7:00 am | Contact the editor Tags: featured, humor, Marketing, MLS, Public Relations, Real Estate, real estate marketing, Realtors

Category: Marketing

I wear several hats: My mink fedora real estate hat belongs to Sotheby’s International Realty on the world famous Sunset Strip. I’M not world famous, but I’ve garnered a few Top Producer credits along the way. I also wear a coonskin writer’s cap with an arrow through it, having written a few novels and screenplays and scored a few awards there, too. (The arrow was from a tasteless critic.) My sequined turban is my thespian hat for my roles on stage, and in film and television, Dahling. You can check me out in all my infamy at LinkedIn, LAhomesite.com, SherlockOfHomes, IMDB or you can shoot arrows at my head via email. I can take it.

Email Gwen Banta

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment